How We Are Different
Explaining how Kira Doyle Law is different requires an explanation of what the “traditional” experience with a lawyer is like. If you’ve worked with a lawyer to prepare documents for you in the past, this may sound familiar. View our attorney and staff profiles below and contact us any time with questions.
During the traditional experience, you meet with a lawyer who makes things seem complicated. You feel like the lawyer knows what he is doing, so you nod and answer questions, as if you understand everything. Because you want to do the right thing for you, your family, or your business, you have the lawyer prepare documents for you. You sign the documents feeling relieved that you’ve taken care of everything.
You take your fancy binder of legal documents home, stick it on a shelf or in a drawer, mark it off on your checklist as ‘DONE’ and never think about it again.
You probably received some vague instructions on what to do next, but did not have the tools and resources necessary to follow through. You might call the lawyer up a year or so later because you have a question, only to find out the lawyer has moved on to another firm or that he or she simply has no idea who you are.
We do not take the “one-size fits all” approach with our clients in order to work with as many people as possible in a short period of time, as this would result in the client having an impersonal experience. We build lifetime relationships with our clients. If all you want is a transaction or a set of legal documents, there are plenty of online resources such as a document drafting service you can use to create them. Or you can go to a traditional transactional lawyer.
We are different from most lawyers: we speak more like you than most of our colleagues. That’s because we are you — first and foremost, we are entrepreneurs and business owners just like you, who understand what it takes to start a business, grow a business, and turn that business into a venture that improves the world forever. And we are members of families and our communities just like you who understand how important it is to protect our loved ones and ensure their well-being, and take actions to make sure our families are taken care of no matter what!
Our Firm Helps You Prepare for Life
We were built with the needs of growing families in mind. You want to know you’ve made the best decisions for your family and that your estate plan will work when your loved ones need it most. You want to make sure your beneficiaries would be taken care of in the best way possible and will be prepared to receive your wealth if anything happens to you.
If what you want is to know you’ve got a plan in place that will make things easy for your loved ones no matter what happens, then we’re the right fit for you!
Our Firm Helps You Prepare for Business Growth and Success
We are focused on the needs of both established and growing businesses. Just because you think you can’t afford or don’t need in-house General Counsel, doesn’t mean you don’t need counsel. We are that counsel!
You want to know you’ve made the best decisions for your business and that you’ve got all the business details handled so you can be as creative and expansive as possible. That is our mission as well.
We don’t just take care of your business now – we make sure it will be a valuable asset that continues to create wealth for your family after you are gone. This is business succession planning and is what true legacy is all about.
One day, you will either want to sell your business or you will want to pass it on to your loved ones so that they are taken care of by what you’ve built. Businesses built right are built with this in mind. And that’s exactly what we help you do – build a business that can run without you one day.
We’ve developed several tools that allow us to support you in starting, growing and preparing your big sale or inheritance of a business that deeply serves the world, your clients and your life. We can’t go into all of the details here, but we’ll definitely talk more about it when you come in to meet with us.
As your lawyers, you can expect the guidance you need to build and maintain a life of prosperity and wealth:
- We are a law firm that encourages communication with clients. Unlike other law firms that bill by the hour, we bill on a flat-fee basis, agreed to in advance, so there are never any surprises.
- Our team approach allows questions to be answered in real time. We’re here to support you and answer any of those “quick questions.”
- We have systems and processes in place to ensure your estate and business succession plans will always work.
- We also include a minimum three year review of your estate plan.
- We will communicate with you about changes in the law and you will receive our monthly newsletter.
- We advise how your assets are protected throughout your lifetime, avoiding court proceedings and costs.
- We offer tools that we have developed that allow you to pass on your whole family “wealth”, which includes your intellectual, spiritual and human assets- in addition to your financial assets.
- We know that all real estate transactions involve a number of contracts and extensive documentation, so we always have your best interests in mind and we are ready to represent you whenever you buy or sell real estate.